Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    What's everyone's favorite movie that was based on a book? I'm trying to come up with some movies and books that I haven't read yet. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    Lord of the Rings no doubt about it
    and the soon to be released Davinci Code
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  3. #3
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    Yeah LOTR was awesome, IMO there isn't a better adaptation. Though I wonder how true to the book the code will be.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    I cant wait for Jackson to do The Hobbitt.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    I never really liked the Hobbitt, the Silmarillion was better. If Jackson's Kong is any reflection of what his future work will entail, I don't know. Though with the LOTR there was a great story line already there.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    Anyone know if Jackson is indeed planning on making The Hobbit?
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    Animal Farm, One Flew Over The Coo Coo's Nest, The Shining.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    it's old and black and white but TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is a true classic.. my favorite of all time.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    The Green Mile, awesome movie and an even better book.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite movie that was based on a book....

    [ QUOTE ]
    The Green Mile, awesome movie and an even better book.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I agree, that was the only book I have ever read that I didn't want to put down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •